Name:

Annette Agnello started writing in the tenth grade inspired by a wonderful teacher, and has been writing for publication over forty years. She started writing after she won a scholarship for a writing course from “Berean University.” Advocate Magazine, which held the contest, published her first article “Consider the Words of the Song”. Several years later she began writing poetry and had considerable success. She was regularly published in the first year of Faithwriters 500 e-magazine. She took some time away from writing due mainly to health issues fully supported by her loving husband Mario who is currently involved in a prison ministry while waiting for his minister’s licences to be awarded so he can become a full time evangelist.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Magic Moment in My Life

Describe a moment of magic in your life
(This was a writing prompt from the Life Journal program)

The most magic moment I can think of was Mario worshiping in the floor at Bread that New Year's Eve. The story, of course starts close to two years earlier. I was in a church with only 2 single men the right age to date. There were about three times the single women. Clearly, slim pickings. One of the two single guys showed up with a lovely young woman he met on the Internet. That narrowed the single men down to the drummer who was not someone I could ever have been interested in. But Ken's success inspired me to place an Internet add.

I placed an add on the Christian Singles section of Christianity Today. I put down what I really wanted and discovered a lot of people look at what you say you want and decide, "even if she says she just wants this type of man she surely will want me." I specifically said I only wanted someone that was single, never married, and spirit filled. You would be surprised how many divorced,or "almost divorced" men wrote. Actually it was amassing how many losers wrote thinking they were God's gift to women. After about a year of that I was barely looking at the incoming letters. In fact I don't know why I read the last letter but it was the only one I really needed.

That last letter came from Mario, 15 months later I was standing at the alter pledging my life to my worshiping husband. I had dragged my feet from July to January before consenting to meet Mario. I was afraid, I had heard to many negative things about the Internet and the people you meet there. I had met enough people on the Internet who were exactly like what I had been warned about. Mario was not like that he was a blind date arranged by God himself. When I saw him there prone worshiping in a church where he was a total stranger without caring what impression he made on a roomful of strangers who were checking him out because they cared about me. It was a magic moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home