Name:

Annette Agnello started writing in the tenth grade inspired by a wonderful teacher, and has been writing for publication over forty years. She started writing after she won a scholarship for a writing course from “Berean University.” Advocate Magazine, which held the contest, published her first article “Consider the Words of the Song”. Several years later she began writing poetry and had considerable success. She was regularly published in the first year of Faithwriters 500 e-magazine. She took some time away from writing due mainly to health issues fully supported by her loving husband Mario who is currently involved in a prison ministry while waiting for his minister’s licences to be awarded so he can become a full time evangelist.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Different Ways of Thinking

I read more of Creative Call since last posting and it cited Ann McGee Cooper’s book Time Management for Unmanageable People. I discovered I am a divergent thinker. That is someone who solves lots of problems at once. The opposite is a convergent thinker, who needs to finish one task hen move on to the next. It was a very interesting passage tha showed me two things 1) I am a divergent thinker I accomplish things a little here and a little there with my mind working on one thing while my body works on another, All of this while my husband is an convergent thinker accomplishing one thing at a time, then moving on to the next task. 2) that is the only way our marriage would really work for us.

I am learning how to be more organized due to my marriage to Mario and he is making progress to be more spontaneous from me. I guess the farther I go in one direction the farther he will have to go in the other direction just to keep our marriage balanced. It is wonderful to get surprises from my beloved last week I caught my thumb in the car door and Mario brought me a rose because I had a bad day hurting my hand. That surprise was stepping across the line to divergent thinker and with the pain of the injury convergent thinking was all I had in me. Get dinner on the table and take something for the pain and curl up in the corner somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home