Name:

Annette Agnello started writing in the tenth grade inspired by a wonderful teacher, and has been writing for publication over forty years. She started writing after she won a scholarship for a writing course from “Berean University.” Advocate Magazine, which held the contest, published her first article “Consider the Words of the Song”. Several years later she began writing poetry and had considerable success. She was regularly published in the first year of Faithwriters 500 e-magazine. She took some time away from writing due mainly to health issues fully supported by her loving husband Mario who is currently involved in a prison ministry while waiting for his minister’s licences to be awarded so he can become a full time evangelist.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Highs and Lows

I always feel guilty when I miss writing but this last month has been a difficult. My father in law died under such bad care from the emergency room that the state medical examiner has "pending" on the death certificate. We will have a defiant answer in about 6 weeks. The emergency room sent him home with nothing more than a perspiration for pain pills while he quietly, slowly bled to death.

I have been trying to get my life back together. One of the new things in my life is a kitten. We have named him Christopher which means, "Christ bearer." It is almost like he is branded with a design of a cross on his back. He is laying on the foot of the bed curled into a sleeping ball. He doesn’t have a care in the world. I wish my like had that kind of simplicity.

In many ways this is time of loss is going to bring simplicity to my life as well. I have been caretaker for the last five years. Now I won’t have to get up early and feed him after getting up even earlier and fixing breakfast and lunch for my husband. Sleep depravation gets you after a while. I also find myself watching movies he liked and remembering...

We do try to get more normalcy in our lives. We eat and sleep, and work. We have car troubles, get hair cuts etc. On the subject of hair cuts Giannia and I both donated ten inches of our hair to "Locks of Love" a remarkable charity that collects human hair from donors to make wigs for children who have diseases of one kind or another that cause them to loose their hair. The bible calls hair a woman’s crowning glory imagine how demoralized a small child could become if they lost their hair. This is the second time I have donated hair for the children. The first time I was trilled with the donation. This time I just wanted to get rid of the hair, I had been waiting for the 10 inches to grow. It has been a long hot summer. I will not be growing another donation. But there are a lot of people who are willing to donate and there are far more beauticians willing to properly collect the hair and send it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home